Quick Job Description
Function: Houston Service Center
Start Date: December 2019
Tranter, Inc – Factory
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor located at our Houston, TX, facility. Please review the position description paying particular attention to the Skills/Competencies and Education/Qualifications/Experience requirements for this role.
This is a full time position and includes benefits including vacation, paid holiday, 401K, health, dental and life insurance.
No calls or agencies please. Tranter will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tranter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing and exciting company and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please email your resume to [email protected] for consideration.
Responsible for directing the manufacturing operations performed in a shift or group of production lines, ensuring they reach safety, quality, volume and cost goals in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Follow and ensure employee adherence to HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions
- Assist with implementation of HSE regulations and policies
- Manage the development, engagement, and retention of employees
- Plan, organize, and control production
- Ensure all products are produced efficiently, ontime, within budget, and to standard
- Drive the lean enterprise system in all phases in the production process
- Meet the department objectives/KPI’s
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established safety standards, production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards
- Supervise staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed, and all machines and equipment are operated safely.
- Develop and implement manufacturing schedules and procedures and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity.
- Execute LEAN practice
- Plans and monitors production activities to achieve cost and quality targets and production schedules
- Monitor the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up, or inputs so that production specifications are met and resources are used efficiently.
- Prepare production reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved
- Ensures compliance of standards, such as: SOP, ASME, etc.
- Manage the development, engagement, and retention of employees that meet the measurable department objectives
- Interact and communicate with employees to monitor performance, engagement, and employee development
- Other duties as assigned
- Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners, English preferred
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit and develop organizational Leadership Competencies
- Create, maintain and comply Production SOP’s
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- High School Education, diploma, or equivalent
- Accredited University Degree (or international equivalent) preferred
- LEAN experience in manufacturing environment
- LEAN bronze Certification preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of production experience