Quick Job Description
Function: Main Factory
Start Date: Immediately
Tranter, Inc – Factory
Wichita Falls, TX
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for an Mechanical Engineer – Senior located at our Wichita Falls, TX, facility. Please review the attached position description paying particular attention to the Skills/Competencies and Education/Qualifications/Experience requirements for this role.
This is a full time position and includes benefits including vacation, paid holiday, 401K, health, dental and life insurance.
No calls or agencies please. Tranter will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tranter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing and exciting company and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please email your resume to [email protected] for consideration.
Tranter Human Resources Team
Under general direction, with broad scope of responsibility, performs complex activities relating to the design, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems in the Heat Exchanger industry. Lead a group of mechanical engineers in the department.
- Assist in creating Product Engineering key metrics
- Measure and drive Product Engineering key metrics to expected results
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in all phases in the Product Engineering process
- Create and/or modify Product Engineering SOP’s as necessary
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions and assist implementation of HSE regulations and policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with technical management of the Product Engineering team through design and calculation as well as assigning work assignments to the technical drafting staff
- Perform technical assistance to all departments in all engineering related matters
- Ensure internal and external customer expectations are met through design and calculations; includes but not limited to:
- OTD of product
- Ensuring drawings and calculations are created and issued within specified time to meet delivery requirements
- Ensuring accuracy of drawings and calculations
- Ensure products meet ASME requirements and other related technical requirements as needed
- Design, test, and evaluate mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems
- Performs product development activities including:
- Drawing board layout
- Implementation of customer
- Drive problem solving activities in the Product Engineering department and on the shop floor
- Provides existing product line support in design activities and/or modification of hardware in production
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit and develop organizational Leadership Competencies
- Troubleshoot technical issues on the manufacturing floor
- Demonstrated success managing design and drafting in the Heat Exchanger industry
- 6 or more years of experience in mechanical designs/calculations: stress/seismic/wind/nozzle loads using various BuildingCodes, such as IBC, UBC, ASCE, etc.
- 4 or more years of experience in creating technical specifications to meet customer requirements, such as Paint Spec, NDE Spec, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience serving as project leader in technical base assignments
- Create PowerPoint presentations on selective projects and topics for training other department personnel
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (similar discipline) or higher. PE is a plus.
- 6 or more years of engineering experience in the Heat Exchanger industry,
- 6 or more years of experience in ASME Section VIII, Division 1, pressure vessel codes and calculations with the ability to perform calculations
- 6 or more years of experience in ASME Section IX, pressure vessel codes and calculations
- 4 or more years of experience in AutoCAD/Inventor Design software experience
- 4 or more years of experience in FEA/3D Modeling experience
- Microsoft Office Suites
- 4 or more years of experience in Mathcad, MATLAB, or other similar engineering calculation software