Quick Job Description
Function: Main Factory
Start Date: Immediately
Tranter, Inc – Factory
Wichita Falls, TX
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for an Buyer/Planner – Experienced located at our Wichita Falls, TX, facility. Please review the attached position description paying particular attention to the Skills/Competencies and Education/Qualifications/Experience requirements for this role.
This is a full time position and includes benefits including vacation, paid holiday, 401K, health, dental and life insurance.
No calls or agencies please. Tranter will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tranter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing and exciting company and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Tranter Human Resources Team
Under general supervision, responsible for buying necessary materials and development of the schedule for production of finished units, sub-assemblies and manufactured components.
- Produces production schedules balancing customer’s required dates and factory capacity constraints
- Regular reporting and continuous improvement of business metrics as: supplier lead times, supplier on-time delivery, schedule attainment, on-time delivery to customers, inventory targets, project management
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in ERP and the buying/planning processes
- Produces work of high quality under high standards always observing the company core competencies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing the sales orders, ensuring the availability of materials for manufacturing to commence production and coordinating production schedules.
- Identify, research, and evaluate suppliers that meet the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
- Assess supplier’s products to ensure they that they comply with specifications and meet the organization’s quality standards.
- Analyze and evaluate supplier bids, tenders, proposals, or quotations; negotiate prices and delivery conditions; and commit to purchases (within established limits of authority) with terms that are in the organization’s best interest.
- Interpret inventory requests, production schedules, purchase requisitions, orders, and other documents to co-ordinate purchasing activities with the organization’s current and anticipated demand for goods and materials.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follow-up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with internal customers.
- Develop and implement production plans to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards.
- Use engineering plans, contracts, and production specifications to produce schedules and production plans and estimate the human resources, tools, and equipment needed to manufacture products.
- Monitor production activity and analyze production data so that the flow of materials is timed meet production requirements.
- Adjust schedules to accommodate backlogs, design changes, and material or labor shortages.
- Prepare work orders for production or purchase requests based on production schedules.
- Evaluate production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes and calculate machine and operator loads.
- Other duties as assigned
- Capability to respond quickly, decisively, assertively, and professionally to changing requirements in sales, product descriptions, material requirements, customers’ expectations, engineering requirements and other discrepancies created through the pre-production and production processes.
- Ability to organize, schedule, coordinate, and negotiate effectively and to set priorities in a manner which ensures maximum performance and goal accomplishment.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners, both orally and in writing. English preferred (bi-lingual a plus).
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values.
- Demonstrate Tranter Leadership Competencies
- Help modify and comply with Buying and Scheduling SOP’s
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management required.
- 1-4 Years of experience in Materials Planning, Scheduling, Supply Chain or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience utilizing MRP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite